[Mailman-Developers] Re: Mailman and your code for online posting

Steven Hazel cherub@azrael.dyn.cheapnet.net
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 22:19:38 -0500 (CDT)

I hope you don't mind if I cc my reply to the Mailman developers list.

   Is the code that you submitted to the developers list going to be
   incorporated into a subsequent release of Mailman?

I hope so.  It got no response, so I'm not quite sure what's up.  When
I have more time on my hands I plan to keep my changes current with
both the latest release and CVS versions of Mailman and distribute
them myself.  I figure that should be enough to get an answer one way
or the other from the Mailman developers, at least.

   I'm not familiar with
   Python and I'd like to get away without me having to make code changes on my
   system.  I'd probably somehow manage to mess things up.  If your changes
   aren't going to be incorporated then I guess I'll have to roll up my sleaves
   and jump right in.

I'd be happy to help you with any problems you have.

   My other question is have you ever run across an existing list application
   which allows you to post online in addition to the normal mailing list
   functionality?

Nope.

-S