[Mailman-Developers] multilingual mailman

Dan Ohnesorg dan@feld.cvut.cz
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 19:34:06 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 19 Sep 1999, Sean Reifschneider wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 18, 1999 at 10:27:40AM +0200, Gerhard Gonter wrote:
> >Are there any plans to for non-english user interfaces which can be
> >selected individually by the user or at least for a whole list?
> I thought I heard there was somone working on adding support for
> internationalization, but I haven't heard anything about what approach
> is being used or it's status.
We are working on it, curently we are waiting on Barrys opinion to our

> What about an approach that would use an interface like this:
> 	setlang('German')
> 	print translang['ERROR: You have selected an invalid option ("%s")']
> 	print translang['       Please try again...']
We are using GETTEXT package, so the translation is done like this:

import intl

print _("Hello world")

It is a litle bit diferent in praxis, but not too.

DD   DD                Dan Ohnesorg, supervisor on POWER
DD  OOOO               Dan@feld.cvut.cz
DD OODDOO              Dep. of Power Engineering
DDDDDD OO              CTU FEL Prague, Bohemia
   OO  OO              work: +420 2 24352785;+420 2 24972109
    OOOO               home: +420 311 679679;+420 311 679311

Nejztracenejsi den naseho zivota
je ten, kdy jsme se nezasmali.