[Mailman-Developers] Hostnames..

Sean Reifschneider jafo@tummy.com
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 14:10:37 -0600

[Note that I've sent this to the mailman-users list, which is really
more appropriate than the developers list.  However, I don't actually
read the -users group because of a lack of time.]

On Fri, Sep 24, 1999 at 02:01:10PM -0600, Erik Parker wrote:
>Where to the scripts ask to get their hostname from each time?
>
>mm_cfg.py  ?
>
>I have DEFAULT_HOST_NAME = 'discuss.pentax.com'
>
>and in Defaults.py
>
>DEFAULT_HOST_NAME = 'discuss.pentax.com'

mm_cfg.py is for the *LOCAL* settings, and things in there are overridden by
values in mm_cfg.py.  However, when sending a message the preferred host
name is taken from the value set in the main config panel "Host name this
list prefers".

Have you been looking at your MTA with the same ferver that you've been
looking at Mailman?  My bet is that it's some sort of interaction with
the MTA, but you haven't mentioned what you're using.

Sean
--
 I put my hand upon her lever, said "let it rock and let it roll."
 I had the one-arm-bandit fever, it was an arrow through my heart, that's all.