[Mailman-Developers] Hostnames..

Sean Reifschneider jafo@tummy.com
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 14:35:03 -0600

On Fri, Sep 24, 1999 at 02:27:13PM -0600, Erik Parker wrote:
>Change the sendmail.cf to force it to use the host discuss.pentax.com,
>changing the reverse DNS for the machine to it matched the A record
>for discuss.pentax.com
>changed the hostname on the machine

Uh...  If you changed sendmail to rewrite the headers on the outgoing
message, that *SHOULD* correct any issues that may be happening in mailman.
You're saying that when you changed sendmail to force the header it still
isn't getting the right host?  Presuming you made the sendmail.cf change
correctly, are you sure what you're seeing isn't happening on the
receiving side?  I mean, if sendmail is doing the correct rewriting
then there's not much of an alternative for where the problem is
occuring (*IF* sendmail is doing the rewriting you expect it to).

Sean
--
 Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.
                 -- Fred Brooks