[Mailman-Developers] Speaking of pathological behavior...

Dan Mick dan.mick@West.Sun.COM
Wed, 05 Apr 2000 03:24:42 -0700

Now that I'm in the same room with my Mailman server, I notice
that, at least after setting admin_user_chunksize to 50 (from
the default 30) that changing one user's "mailto" flag from off
to on (to disable a user by hand temporarily) beats the living *hell*
out of the disk, and server.  Something bad wrong is going on there;
I truss'ed it once and it was continually doing something like
opening a file, writing it, and closing it.  I don't know what.

Something's wrong though.  I haven't started to try to look at the
form-processing code to see what happens.