[Mailman-Developers] security szenario possible?

Adrian Letzner - Sun Germany Berlin SE aletzner@germany.sun.com
Wed, 05 Apr 2000 17:57:39 +0200

i would like to know, if mailman can handle the following szenario:

1. automatic subscribing to a fixed list (eg. via cgi script). that
means:
a program (eg. cgi-script) should handle the subscribing/unsubscribing
mechanism by sending a static mail to the *-request address WITHOUT (!!)
using the password mechanism (new privacy option: *not confirming).

2. deleting the mail-header to anonymisize the mails which will be
posted.

the reasons for that is my plan to have an automatic anonymous mailing
list defined, where only the administrator will post messages.

please answer directly to me, cause i'm not on the list.

thanks a lot and sorry for my english
Adrian Letzner
ISV Partner SE             Tel:  (++49 30) 74 70 96 65
Sun Microsystems GmbH      Fax:  (++49 30) 74 70 96 99
Lankwitzer Str. 19         mailto:adrian.letzner@germany.sun.com
12107 Berlin               http://www.sun.de