[Mailman-Developers] 2 quickies..

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 17:59:10 +0200

On Mon, Apr 10, 2000 at 10:34:00AM -0400, Matt Davis wrote:

> > The fix is easy, by the way: in Mailman/ListAdmin.py, in function
> > 'HoldMessage(self, msg, reason)', change 'fp.write(str(msg))' to
> > 'fp.write(msg.unixfrom + str(msg))'. msg.unixfrom is either a From line, or
> > an empty string, and str(msg) never starts with anything From-like, so the
> > fix should be perfectly safe. (And a must, I might add, for people with busy
> > moderated lists ;)

> So if its perfectly safe, think it would make it into mailman officially?

I hope so :) but most mailman developers (those with CVS access) are quite
busy. Looking at the storm of small fixes and patches for longstanding bugs,
and replies to old messages, in the last few days (in preperation for 2.0rc0
I presume ;) I suspect they'll come past these fixes soonish ;)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>