[Mailman-Developers] Fix for bug 170, is it any good?

David Caldwell david_caldwell@indigita.com
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 13:55:58 -0700

Hello, Is this the right list to send this to?

In ListAdmin.py this line (line 167 in 1.1, line 200 in 2.0beta2):

             self.LogMsg("vette", note)

seems to be causing Mailman trouble. Above that you create 'note' and
use strquote to remove percents from variables you catenate to it.
But you don't use strquote on everything. In 2.0beta2 you added
strquote to the subject line, but the sender still doesn't have it
(unless I missed something). Instead of trying to catch all the
percents in the strings you catenate, could you just change the line
to this:

             self.LogMsg("vette", '%s', note)

and get rid of the whole problem in one fell swoop? It seems more
straight forward to me. But then I don't know python that well. I
picked up enough to try to fix this problem I'm having where a % in
the senders address on a moderated list bombs the list software. My
change seems to work, but I'm not sure if there are any ramifications.

Take care,
   David