[Mailman-Developers] idea

Dan Mick Dan Mick <Dan.Mick@West.Sun.COM>
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 16:26:50 -0700 (PDT)

> > > Mailman/Cgi/admindb.py line #215
> > >     t.AddRow([Bold('From:'), '<A HREF="%s/%s">%s</A>' %
(mlist.GetRelativeScriptURL('options'), Utils.ObscureEmail(sender), sender)])
> > > there should be a cleaner way to code this, but for now it makes my daily
work with the
> > > posts on our moderated list a lot easier...
> > What do you use this for?  Punitive unsubscription?
>
> i actually had to look up the word 'punitive' in an English-Dutch dicitionary
:)

oops, sorry!..

> anyway, no I don't use it for punitive unsubscription... but often people post
message
> like "please unsubscribe me" or "how come I don't receive any more mail from
the list?"
> (the latter happens when they had a full mailbox and mailman automatically
disabled
> their account).... though it's possible to write a message with explanation,
in most
> cases (especially considering the lack of computer knowledge of most of the
> subscribers) this only confuses them more... so I usually want to fix it
myself.

Oh, okay, that makes perfect sense.  (most of my admin tasks are rejecting
HTML, attachments, and messages Cc'ed to 1000 AOLers...I get very
few sub/unsub requests.  Mostly those are email to the listmaster
directly.)