[Mailman-Developers] Mailman 2.0 beta 5

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@beopen.com
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 00:32:32 -0400 (EDT)

Folks,

I've just released Mailman 2.0 beta 5.  This is an important bug fix
release that should once and for all solve the "cookie
re-authentication" bug.  It also fixes a small security hole that
could be exploited by clever local users to gain group mailman
permission.

As usual, you can get the tarball from SourceForge

    http://download.sourceforge.net/mailman/mailman-2.0beta5.tgz

or list.org

    http://www.list.org/mailman.tar.gz

or (soon) ftp.gnu.org

    ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/mailman/mailman-2.0beta5.tgz

Please let me know how it goes for you.  Remember to use the
SourceForge bug tracker for reporting bugs NOT the old Jitterbug
database on python.org (which I cannot shut off right now).  Also,
patches should be uploaded to the SourceForge patch manager.

Enjoy,
-Barry