[Mailman-Developers] List archives text format not mbox compatible?

Bradley M. Kuhn bkuhn@ebb.org
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 04:56:34 -0400

--dc+cDN39EJAMEtIO

Darrell Fuhriman wrote:
> > It depends on exactly which files you're talking about.  If you mean
> > something like 2000-August.txt that's available from
>
> Which brings up a minor nit of mine.  I think that the archive
> file/directory names should be in the format '2000-08' -- it sorts much
> more nicely -- though I appreciate that this is unlikely to change before
> the release.

I really like that idea.

Another idea that I had:  I recently had a need to get the entire archive of
a mailing list and read it.  It would be nice if list maintainers had the
option, in the archive, to provide a single compressed mbox file of the
entire past of the list.

It's a bit easier to download and concatenate the period spool files
together.

--
Bradley M. Kuhn  -  http://www.ebb.org/bkuhn

--dc+cDN39EJAMEtIO