[Mailman-Developers] Re: [Mailman-Users] how to set clobber_date = 1 by default?

Marc MERLIN marc_news@valinux.com
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 18:42:50 -0700

On Mon, Aug 28, 2000 at 06:11:12PM -0700, Dan Mick wrote:
> > Did I miss anything or is that option absent?
>
> Right; in fact Archiver.py says:
>
>         # Not configurable
>         self.clobber_date = 0

I changed this to 1, which will work until I upgrade mailman :-)

> > Can we please  have mm 2.0 not trust  the MUA for date at  archiving time by
> > default when lists are created?
>
> Speaking solely for myself, I'd rather not, but I can see room for
> debate.

I'm just tired of people creating random web pages because their date is
messed up. It really looks silly.
Besides, you typically get messages within minutes of them being sent, so
the local date should be really close to the actual sent date.

> At least it would be nice to have it in mm_cfg.py.

Yep :-)

> One can always change Archiver.py for one's installation, I suppose.

Yeah, works for now. Of course, the next upgrade will blow it away...

Thanks,
Marc

Finger marc_f@merlins.org for PGP key and other contact information