[Mailman-Developers] Re: Huge qrunner process

sigma@pair.com sigma@pair.com
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 12:51:49 -0500 (EST)

Following up on my own message...

qrunner isn't the only culprit.  senddigests is worse, since it doesn't stop
itself from running indefinitely.

There is a definite memory leak or inefficiency somewhere.  Just the following
fragment of code, edited from senddigests, is enough to send the memory usage
sky-high:

def main():
    for listname in Utils.list_names():
        mlist = MailList.MailList(listname, lock=0)
        del mlist

The "del mlist" doesn't help.

I've noticed that one pathological list has a 12MB config.db file.  If
explain the swelling to 135MB.  With that list removed, the memory usage
peak is just 89MB.

Is there a way to tell if Python is deleting the MailList object when mlist
gets reassigned, so I can find out if there is a leak each time a list is
loaded?  Otherwise it's just inefficient memory usage in proportion to the
size of config.db

Thanks,
Kevin

----- Forwarded message from sigma@pair.com -----