[Mailman-Developers] Thoughts on splitting qrunner

Barry A. Warsaw barry@digicool.com
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 14:02:18 -0500

    >> http://www.zope.org/Members/bwarsaw/MailmanDesignNotes/SplittingQrunner

    CVR> I like it.

Cool!

    CVR> I'd like to suggest one other thing for qrunner. Make qrunner
    CVR> the queue-mom (so to speak), and have it manage what gets
    CVR> spawned when.  The idea is that we end up with a single cron
    CVR> entry that fires every minute. that thing looks around and
    CVR> decides what needs to be spawned -- sort of sucking cron into
    CVR> mailman.

I like it a lot.  This could also help us move away from the one-shot
process architecture we currently have.  queue-mom (I love that name,
even if it doesn't quite capture what this thing is becoming :) could
include the watchdog features to make sure any long-running processes
are still running.  Kind of the init of Mailman.

-Barry