[Mailman-Developers] FYI -- mailback validations no longer safe?

Darrell Fuhriman darrell@grumblesmurf.net
09 Dec 2000 09:01:35 -0800

Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui@plaidworks.com> writes:

> But Murr Rhame on list-managers said something that made me think of a
> possible answer -- new subscribers automatically go into "hold for
> approval" mode. it'd be another flag in the user record (like digest

Yes, Lyris does this.  It's a feature I've wanted to add to
mailman, but haven't had the bandwidth to do it.  It would be
even nicer if it were smart enough to set a threshold and as soon
as they've had that many posts approved, the restriction is
automatically lifted.

There's a couple other things that Lyris does that would be cool,
but I can't remember what they are right now.  :)

Darrell