[Mailman-Developers] Writing a custom subscribe interface

Sam Stickland sam@spacething.org
Sat, 9 Dec 2000 22:38:07 -0800

Hi,

I have a need to write a custom web-subscribe interface for mailman.  I need
a single screen that displays lists of my choosing, marking which ones you
are subscribed to, and a series of buttons for subscribing and unsubscribing
to those lists.  It's a little more complex than that as I want to disable
certain lists from subscription if you are subscribed to others (this
doesn't need to be built into mailman, just this interface.  I don't care if
people subscribe themselves to the other lists via email requests etc.).

I'm prepared to do this myself (and in fact I'm probably going to start
digging around the mailman source as soon as I've sent this) - but I'm
wondering if anyone here has already done something similar to this.  Could
save me some time :)

(Also if someone had the time to point me the bits of the mailman internals
I need to achieve this it would be appreciated)

Thanks,

Sam