[Mailman-Developers] FYI -- mailback validations no longer safe?

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Sat, 09 Dec 2000 20:47:04 -0800

On Sat, 9 Dec 2000 17:32:53 -0500
Vince Sabio <vince@vjs.org> wrote:

> Like Chuq, I shudder at the thought of someone forging subscriber
> addresses to spam mailing lists.

I've already had posts (three times now) to my lists purportedly
from members of that list (From: header etc), where the members in
question deny ever having written those posts, and careful
examination of the Received headers supports their claim that it
wasn't them.

The simple transaltion is that it sure as heck *looks* like people
are already forging mail as members of lists.  The fact that the
posts happened to be on-topic is slightly droll and beyond my
ability to explain.

--
J C Lawrence                                       claw@kanga.nu
---------(*)                        : http://www.kanga.nu/~claw/