[Mailman-Developers] FYI -- mailback validations no longer safe?

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Sat, 09 Dec 2000 20:51:12 -0800

On Sat, 9 Dec 2000 15:20:08 -0800
Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui@plaidworks.com> wrote:

> In practice, for many places, that's simply not an option until
> SOMEONE figures out how to get AOL to support it, because without
> AOL, a significant chunk of the audience can't do it, making it
> worthless (and while individual list admins can tell AOL to take a
> flying leap, the typical one won't, and many of us can't. So any
> MLM that comes up with a solution that effectively locks out AOL
> is a MLM that dies in the marketplace...)

Does anyone here have contacts at AOL?  I used to know people in
their NOC and in their IS team (which doesn't really apply to this
end).  I'll see if I can't dig them up to see what might be needed
to get some basic things done (kinda difficult at this time of
year).

--
J C Lawrence                                       claw@kanga.nu
---------(*)                        : http://www.kanga.nu/~claw/