[Mailman-Developers] Re: Slow Performance on semi-large lists

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 12:08:18 -0800

On Thu, 14 Dec 2000 08:22:22 -0700 (MST)
D J Atkinson <dj@pcisys.net> wrote:

>> You are talking about different queue runners.  He's talking
>> about the queue runner in sendmail, and you are talking about
>> Mailman.

> No.  I was talking about the qrunner in Mailman.  With synchronous
> DNS sendmail won't accept messages if it can't pick out an MX
> host.  Those sit in the mailman queue and bog things down.

In which case the solution is to configure your MTA to not DNS
verify deliveries from localhost.

--
J C Lawrence                                       claw@kanga.nu
---------(*)                        : http://www.kanga.nu/~claw/