[Mailman-Developers] race condition in locking ?

Harald Meland Harald.Meland@usit.uio.no
08 Feb 2000 04:06:15 +0100

[Thomas Wouters]

> On Mon, Feb 07, 2000 at 09:31:44PM +0100, Ricardo Kustner wrote:
>
> > I wonder though what happens if some impatient moderator decides not to
> > wait before the page finnishes loading, switches to a differen webpage and
> > therefor breaks the python cgi process... will some approved posts stay in
> > the queue instead?
>
> Try it out ! ;) It depends on the exact behaviour of both the
> webbrowser and the webserver.

Yup.  This might produce a SIGPIPE, and/or the corresponding IOError
EPIPE, and I've experienced that these didn't always get caught -- an
attempt at a fix is near the end of run_main in <URL:
http://www.uio.no/~hmeland/tmp/mailman-userdb/scripts/driver>, but I'm
by no means positive that it's the Right fix.
--
Harald