[Mailman-Developers] Frames (was: unsubscriptions requiring approval)

Gerrit Holl Gerrit <gerrit@nl.linux.org>
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 21:14:52 +0100

Thomas Wouters wrote on 950200274:
> (It might be even worth it to take a look at a frames interface, possibly ?)

Noooo! Please don't!
Sorry, but I really, really hate frames for several reasons.
    * I want to be able to admin my site in lynx, since I often haven't
      booted X and want to administrate fast,
    * it's not possible to bookmark a frames page, you can't bookmark the
      combination of the frames,
    * in netscape, the images button doesn't work on frames,
    * the sidebar needs to use javascript, and javascript is hard to maintain,
    * it's often unclear which frame you selected, so scrolling is hard,
    * it's neither in the HTML 4.01, nor in the XHTML 1.0 dtd. There's a
      seperate DTD for it. I think we should conform the HTML to XHTML 1.0
      anyway (comments?),
    * you can't have a quick look at the HTML source code (I use to do that
      very often).

I'd rather administrate my lists by email than using frames!
Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating, but please, no frames!

regards,
Gerrit.

--
Homepage: http://www.nl.linux.org/~gerrit