[Mailman-Developers] When will mailman 1.2 be released?

Dan Mick Dan Mick <Dan.Mick@west.sun.com>
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 18:16:39 -0800 (PST)

> I believe that the Right Solution would be to design an API for the
> underlying user database.  I want to support people who, e.g. already
> have user accounts through Zope or some other Web-app/portal software,
> so that they don't have to force users to log in twice.  This would
> let us distribute a GPL compatible database back-end for stand-alone
> operation, but should also let us integrate with existing user
> databases.
>
> That's about as far as my own thinking has gone.

If it could be set up so that you don't *have* to go acquire another
database to use Mailman, that would be best.  MySQL is huge, hard to
build, and has stopped me from using four or five Gnu/Linux tools
now, and it just doesn't have to be that way.