[Mailman-Developers] Juat an Idea - HTML

Ricardo Kustner ricardo@rixhq.nu
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 15:45:24 +0100

On Sat, Feb 12, 2000 at 05:20:52PM -0800, J C Lawrence wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Feb 2000 10:29:54 +0000
> David Sexton <david.sexton@sapphire.net> wrote:
> > 	Would it be feasable for MM to strip out HTML tags from a
> > message for the whole list (especially for when no HTML is in the
> > list's acceptable use policy)?
> There are external tools that can do this quite well.  See freshmeat
> for a couple examples.  You can then just have your MailMan lists
> run thru procmail which invokes the HTML stripper before handing off

while this is a good idea/solution, I still think it would be very
useful to have this feature inside MM... you can't expect every admin
to start using procmail filters...
besides, almost any new filter-like feature you can think
of could be realized through procmail somehow i guess :)

Ricardo.