[Mailman-Developers] Stripping HTML

Phillip Porch root@sco.theporch.com
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 09:02:21 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 13 Feb 2000, Ricardo Kustner wrote:

> Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 15:38:05 +0100
> From: Ricardo Kustner <ricardo@rixhq.nu>
> To: mailman-developers@python.org
> Subject: Re: [Mailman-Developers] Stripping HTML
>
> I was just looking on the python site and i see there are some standard
> modules to handle mime en/decoding... I'm going to have a look if this is usable
> somehow... wouldn't surprise me if there's also some code to help out filtering
> of html tags.

Stephen Modena has developed a python filter that strips out attachments
and uuencoded material. I have it on my ftp site here if anyone would like
it. It is called from the alias (I use sendmail on incoming postings and
strip out the attachments before it ever hits the mailling list).

ftp://ftp.theporch.com/pub/misc/filter.tar.gz

This has a python version, perl version and a info on it's use.