[Mailman-Developers] sugg: disable notify when using remove_member

Christopher Kolar ckolar@admin.aurora.edu
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 10:07:42 -0600

Hi everyone.  Is there any chance that a toggle could be added to the
remove_member program to make it function like add_member with respect to
notification?  We have a lot of lists that get cleared out periodically,
and we have a lot of users who leave us every semester, and the
notification either generates unnecessary helpdesk calls from the confused
or generates bounces from people whose accounts are no longer active.  I am
not asking for it to be added to the web interface, because I know that it
can be abused, but it would be nice at the command line for some of the
more heavy-duty automated things that we are putting together.

Cheers,

--chris

--
  Christopher G. Kolar