[Mailman-Developers] small bug in bin/arch

Jeff Berliner jeff@popmail.med.nyu.edu
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 12:47:23 -0500

        Sorry if this been fixed already in the 1.2 tree, but I can't
access CVS from here.  I searched the archives and didn't see anything.

        With a stock MM 1.1 install, line 77 of $prefix/bin/arch has an
error.  If in that block of code, a MMUnknownListError exception is
raised, (for instance, if the config.db permissions are incorrect),
arch actually dies with a NameError, and obviously doesn't report the
correct problem.

        The solution is to add 'Errors.' to the name of the exception
to catch.  I guess this was just an oversight.

*** ../src/mailman-1.1/bin/arch Sat Aug 21 14:21:44 1999
--- arch        Tue Feb 22 10:13:33 2000
***************
*** 74,80 ****
          listname, mbox = sys.argv[1:]
          try:
              mlist = MailList(listname)
!         except MMUnknownListError:
              usage(2, 'no such list: ' + listname)

          # lay claim to the archive's lock file.  this is so no other
post can
--- 74,80 ----
          listname, mbox = sys.argv[1:]
          try:
              mlist = MailList(listname)
!         except Errors.MMUnknownListError:
              usage(2, 'no such list: ' + listname)

          # lay claim to the archive's lock file.  this is so no other
post can

                                                - Jeff

--
Jeff Berliner                                 jeff@popmail.med.nyu.edu
Academic Computing,                           Phone: (212) 263-2051