[Mailman-Developers] Precedence of mailman generated messages

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham@vdata.co.uk
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 13:18:03 +0000

A number of MTAs generate delay warning messages for messages that
cannot be delivered within a certain period of time.  This is normally
disabled for messages with Precedence headers that declare them to be
list/bulk/junk mail.

The *list* messages sent out by mailman do have this precedence header
(thankfully - I have been mailbombed in the past by MTAs that ignored
the precedence).  However admin mesages, including message bounce
copies, are sent on without added Precedence.

It would suit me personally if admin messages also had Precedence set
down - would that be a good thing in general?

	Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@VData.co.uk ]