[Mailman-Developers] Mailman Zope Integration Product

Christopher Petrilli petrilli@amber.org
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 11:38:58 -0500

Johan Carlsson [johanc@torped.se] wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm planing to write a Zope Product that integrates
> with Mailman.
> In the first iterations the main goal is to provide
> users management of their mailing list account.
> In coming iterations I planing to extend with
> an administration management interface and archive
> access (with possible ZCatalog integration).
>
> Are there anyone else doing stuff with Zope?
> And what I need to consider?
> Especially how to handle multiple simultaneous
> management accesses? (When and how do I need to
> use locks?)
> Any ideas are welcome?

We (Digital Creations) have a potential project that would modify Mailman
to be able to run wih SQL storage of its information (primarily members
and subscription information), which would then be managed through Zope.

ZCatalog integration wouldn't be too hard, honestly.

Chris