[Mailman-Developers] Forcing the address of a list

David Sexton david.sexton@sapphire.net
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 13:04:53 +0000

Hi,

	I've asked this question on the users list but got no answers so I'm
trying here.

	I ahve a box that hosts many virtual domains for mail & web. I have got
mailman installed & sendmail configured so that mail sent to
list@domain1.com goes to a different list than mail to list@domain2.com.
I have done this by having a unique 'internal' list name in which is
embedded the domain name. Mail coming into list-request@domain1.com
actually gets redirected to the list called 'domain1-com-list-request'.
This works fine.

	However, the outgoing mails sent by mailman are sent as 'From:
domain1-com-list@domain1.com', which is not what I want. The
Administrator's interface suggests that changing the 'Public Name' will
change this, but it does not. Is there any way I can change this myself
or can someone give me some pointers where I should be looking in the
code to change the 'from' address for ougoing mail (Oh, and wherever it
references the list in the body of a message).

	Can anyone help me please?

	Dave

--
David Sexton

Network Technician
Sapphire Technologies Ltd.
Tel: +44 (0) 1642 702100
Fax: +44 (0) 1642 702119

Any opinions expressed in this message are those of the individual and not necessarily the company.  This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this message in error and that any use is strictly prohibited.

Sapphire Internet
http://www.sapphire.net