[Mailman-Developers] Re: almost found the b3 bug?

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@beopen.com
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 12:38:56 -0400 (EDT)

    RK> i posted earlier that i thought i fixed my b3 approval trouble
    RK> by completely reinstalling mailman and all the
    RK> list... unfortunately the approvals still don't work
    RK> correctly...  after doing some testing with qrunner I think
    RK> I've tracked down part of the problem: i wrote a post to the
    RK> list... it arrived on the approval page and i did a
    RK> 'approve'... when I run qrunner by hand with some added
    RK> syslogs, i noticed it ends up thinking the message is an
    RK> '-request' post... so the only thing it does with the message
    RK> is mlist.ParseMailCommands(msg)...  I'm going to see if I can
    RK> track it down more precisely...

Okay, I cannot reproduce the problems that Ricardo is having.  In a
nutshell, he sent me one of the qfiles/msg.db files generated after
approval but before qrunner saw it.

This .db file had a `pipeline' key with a value of an empty Python
list.  That explains completely why the approved message never shows
up on the list.  What it doesn't explain is why that key/value pair is
in the .db dictionary in the first place.

I've tried setting up a moderated list and going through the entire
submission process a step at a time.  I cannot reproduce this
situation.

Ricardo, the next step is to send me the output of config_list for the
list in question.  I want to see if there's something wacky about its
configuration that's tripping things up.  E.g.

% bin/config_list -o - yourlist | mail bwarsaw@beopen.com

Note that this is a gig heavy weekend for me, so I'm not sure when
I'll get to this, but I will do my best.

-Barry