[Mailman-Developers] Re: almost found the b3 bug?... ALMOST

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@beopen.com
Sun, 2 Jul 2000 13:51:41 -0400 (EDT)

>>>>> "R" == Ricardo  <ricardo@miss-janet.com> writes:

    R> after spending almost all day digging in the code, i decided to
    R> create a test list and try out every config option i set for
    R> the normal list... and then i finally found a way to reproduce
    R> it:

    R> try creating a moderated list with the option "Send mail to
    R> poster when their posting is held for approval?"
    R> (dont_respond_to_post_requests) set to YES (defaults to NO)
    R> ... and then you'll experience the same trouble as I have...
    R> i'm going to have a look if I can find the exact bug, but i'm
    R> not sure if i'll be able too... i understand a lot more now
    R> about the way the pipelining works, but it's quite complicated
    R> to follow through the code...

That's actually not quite enough to reproduce the bug.  However the
config_list output you sent me /did/ provide the clue.  You need to
also turn off admin_immed_notify.  Now I was able to recreate your
problem!  So that's a start.

Unfortunately it's not immediately obvious why this triggers the bug.
I will look into it, but I probably will not have time before Tuesday
night to do much.  We'll see if I get lucky in the next 1/2 hour.

Getting much closer,