[Mailman-Developers] Mailman ideas...

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 00:02:53 -0700

At 2:57 AM -0400 7/10/00, etoffi wrote:

>1) the messages would be sent separately, in bulk, say at a use defined time
>(midnight in their timezone, for example)

For some kind of lists, timed delivery would be nice, but you can do
this already, simply by using cron (say, mail to an alias that stuffs
messages into a file, then using cron, mail them to the list at a
given time). I'm not sure that this really buys a MLM a whole lot,
except complexity. for the very limited number of users who'd want
this, a couple of easy scripts and cron would do it.

>2) or as an mbox file

Go take a closer look at MIME digests. That is, basically, what a
mime digest is, only more refined.

And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar
and say 'Man, what are you doing here?'"