[Mailman-Developers] A few requests

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 22:13:19 +0200

On Mon, Jul 10, 2000 at 04:26:11PM +0200, Hrvoje Niksic wrote:
> bwarsaw@beopen.com (Barry A. Warsaw) writes:

> > But I think I see where you're headed!  Yes, if SF doesn't work for
> > you for whatever reason (e.g. you don't have reliable web access),

> It's not the problem of web access, but of general crappiness of web
> interfaces and web browsers.  Don't get me wrong -- web interfaces are
> fine for some things, as my introduction of Mailman to my company
> demonstrates.  However, for non-trivial typing and editing, I really
> prefer to have editor/mailer of my choice available.

As webinterfaces go, the SourceForge one is fairly ok, as long as your
webbrowsers 'upload' feature works. I'm not entirely sure how standard this
feature is, but it works with Netscape, and I think with IE as well. Typing
in (or copy/pasting) the patch in the comment would make it practically
useless, I agree ;)

And I, too, am perfectly willing to help the less endowed,
browser/connection-wise, with submitting patches. ;-)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>