[Mailman-Developers] A few requests

Dan Mick Dan.Mick@west.sun.com
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 14:29:54 -0700

Hrvoje Niksic wrote:

> bwarsaw@beopen.com (Barry A. Warsaw) writes:
>
> > But I think I see where you're headed!  Yes, if SF doesn't work for
> > you for whatever reason (e.g. you don't have reliable web access),
>
> It's not the problem of web access, but of general crappiness of web
> interfaces and web browsers.  Don't get me wrong -- web interfaces are
> fine for some things, as my introduction of Mailman to my company
> demonstrates.  However, for non-trivial typing and editing, I really
> prefer to have editor/mailer of my choice available.

While I understand the point of view, I feel honor-bound to point out
that it's trivial to use whatever editor you like, and cut'n'paste (at
least in most reasonable GUI environments these days) so that the
restriction doesn't *have* to be quite so onerous.  (Sun's internal
bug tool has the same issues, and I use the same workarounds much
of the time...)