[Mailman-Developers] Non standard formats

Anuradha Ratnaweera anuradha@gnu.org
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 14:22:25 +0600 (LKT)

When converting a mailing list to mailman, I copied the mailbox (which
contained the mailing list discussions in the mbox format) to the
necessary location, deleted the old archive and generated a new one with
bin/arch. However, this ignored many mails in the mail box. The reason was
the "^From " line had an extra time specifier (something like +0600) at
the end. I had to filter the mailbox through

sed 's/\(^From .*\) [-+][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]$/\1/'

to remove them, and after that all the mails were added to the archive
without problems.

Please make mailman work with such mail boxes, because this is the easiest
way to convert an already running mailbox to Mailman.

Also I noticed that the email bug-mailman@gnu.org doesn't work. It reaches
python.org and comes back.

Regards,

Anuradha