[Mailman-Developers] Serious problem with password generation

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 14:36:53 -0700

At 2:02 PM -0600 7/14/00, Sean Reifschneider wrote:

>Perhaps we need something to check the passwords generated against
>a list of known offensive passwords?

and avoid the numbers 13 and 666.

Actually, one of the things I put on my list (low priority) is a
password generating routine that creates memorable, non-random,
non-guessable passwords using a set of short words and punctuation,
so the password would become something like the*gina.

>After I stopped laughing, the user was told not to take it so
>personally.  :-)

Yeah, but it's a great reminder about sweating the details...

And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar
and say 'Man, what are you doing here?'"