[Mailman-Developers] possible beta4 problem.

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 07:48:22 +0200

On Mon, Jul 17, 2000 at 06:10:37PM -0400, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>     CVR> I seem to be getting seg faults out of mailman b4:

> Ouch!  Never seen this myself.  What platform and compiler are you
> using?  Does your system have a native vsnprintf()?  I doubt the one I
> lifted from GNU screen has been thoroughly tested.

Actually, I have seen segfaults, using Mailman, when I switched from
1.2experimental to the first 2.0 betas, I think. But the segfault ended up
coming from the Python 1.5.2+ (CVS snapshot) I was running on that machine,
not Mailman itself, though something in Mailman definately triggered the
bug. That was on BSDI 4.0.1, by the way, which does have vsnprintf() (but no
strptime() ;)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>