[Mailman-Developers] Patch for list-specific templates/ files

Dan Mick Dan Mick <Dan.Mick@West.Sun.COM>
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 21:55:07 -0700 (PDT)

I have wanted this for some time, and someone asked on mailman-users,
so I hacked something up; being better at CVS than I have been,
I made a patch and posted it.

Here's what I posted to mailman-users:

Patch #100953 (on sourceforge) allows list-specific files; you
put them in ~mailman/lists/<listname>/ , and they're used in
preference to the ones in ~mailman/templates for that list.

It was a bit dodgy how I had to do it; the list object wasn't
previously passed to Utils.maketext(), so I had to find all the
callers of maketext and add the list object to the call params.
Mostly, the change is in Utils.py, but there's a slight touch to
a lot of other files.

I'll submit this over on mailman-developers and see if anyone
has any comments, but it seems to work.  Of course it's only
valid against the current CVS snapshot as of right now
(Barry's been changing a lot tonight preparing for beta5).