[Mailman-Developers] Templates and i18n

Dan Mick Dan.Mick@west.sun.com
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 02:46:04 -0700

Harald Wellmann wrote:

> * Could somebody please explain the role of the global and per-list
>   template files?
>
>   As far as I can see, the *.html templates per list simply get
>   initialized from the global templates in PREFIX/templates
>   and can be edited via the web interface.
>
>   So if I translated all global template files before creating any
>   lists on my site, I would end up with a more-or-less localized
>   user interface, except for some English messages that are hard-coded
>   in the sources -- am I right???

Sounds right to me.  The patch I just posted to have list-specific config
files, and the investigation I spent finding out if it would work and how,
proves to me that the four html files normally in the list directory
start out the same as the ones in templates/, and all the other .txt and
.html files are used from templates/.