[Mailman-Developers] Mailman and Oracle

Andy Lowe ajlowe@leo.gov
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 14:34:59 -0400

--------------EEA4EA20BE28218CBF3D26A9

    I have a project at work where I have to get some sort of mail list
manager working with information stored in our Oracle database.  I would

like to use Mailman for this purpose since I am comfortable programming
in Python and I like Mailman.  I would like to know if anyone is working

on database support for Mailman and or if you are interested in
integrating my work back into the official release of Mailman.  If
anyone
is interested in using my efforts, then I will be happy to take
direction from the development team as to how to implement the features
I need.  If you are not interested, then I will just hack it to work
with my system.
    I would like to develop a system where you can choose from several
back ends (Marshal, Oracle MySql etc. . .) on a per list or per site
basis.  Including list preferences, user preferences etc. . .  I don't
know how much desire there would be for this since the oracle
implementation would seem to require installing the oracle client on the

mail list machine and installing DCOracle.
    I am interested in any ideas, suggestions etc. . . anyone has on the

subject.
Sincerely,
Andy Lowe

--------------EEA4EA20BE28218CBF3D26A9