[Mailman-Developers] Mailman and Oracle

Ricardo Kustner Ricardo Kustner <ricardo@rixhq.nu>
26 Jul 2000 22:09:54 CEST

Hi,

On Wed, 26 Jul 2000 14:34:59 -0400, Andy Lowe said:

>      I have a project at work where I have to get some sort of mail list
>  manager working with information stored in our Oracle database.  I would
*sounds familiar to me* ;)

>  on database support for Mailman and or if you are interested in
>  integrating my work back into the official release of Mailman.  If
>  anyone
as far as I know, so far several people have had thoughts and wishes about this
implement into mailman (including myself) but nobody is actively working on it
yet.

>      I would like to develop a system where you can choose from several
>  back ends (Marshal, Oracle MySql etc. . .) on a per list or per site
>  basis.  Including list preferences, user preferences etc. . .  I don't

I'm very interested in helping you out with this... I've been thinking about
starting
something myself, but somehow I never really got to it... I'm starting to
familiarize with the mailman code structure so maybe it would be easier for me
now... I do know that it would be a lot of
work...
what about working on a seperate repositry and when we have something working
purpose it
to the core mailman develop team?
or maybe we should actively debate on the impletation first and write down a
plan before we start
coding ;)

Ricardo.
--
http://rixhq.nu

"You think that's air you're breathing?" -- Morpheus