[Mailman-Developers] news-to-mail changes?

Jim Tittsler jwt@OnJapan.net
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 10:12:46 +0900

On Sat, Jul 29, 2000 at 10:01:48AM -0400, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>     RJ> UH, gee, 2.0beta5 does it too.. I hadn't even noticed, what
>     RJ> with being out most of the week.  I'm only subscribed to the
>     RJ> gateway for my local test list (for testing mailman); all the
>     RJ> other lists I actually read the articles in the newsgroup...
>
> Sigh.  It could have been change 1.35 in Message.py.  That tried to
> fix a different problem, but maybe this is causing the bug you

Commenting out the:
        #if string.count(lines[0], ':'):
        #    lines.insert(0, '\n')
in Message.py/OutgoingMessage appears to fix the news-> mail
problem, but I don't know what the "text with a colon on the
first line" problem was that you were trying to fix.  (Boy that
array of lines sure gets split and joined a lot. :-)

--
Jim Tittsler, Tokyo
Python Starship     http://starship.python.net/crew/jwt/