[Mailman-Developers] Huge lists

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 00:39:00 +0200

On Fri, Jun 02, 2000 at 05:17:05PM -0400, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

[ JC Lawrence about archive/database/php ]

>     JCL> Hopefully I'll get something worth public viewing sometime
>     JCL> next week.

> Please do, these sound very cool.  One of the things high on my list
> is to templatize the UI for the web interface so it can be integrated
> into existing sites more seamlessly.  I know some guys who are doing a
> cool project in Python that might provide the necessary functionality,
> but on the other hand PHP might be fun to look into to.

Not that I disagree (oh, no! It sounds cool! :) but wasn't there something
about Mailman had to be coded in Python ? Or is a PHP frontend OK ? Or only
if it's optional, or not included in the distribution ?

I am still looking at HyperMail/pipermail, but if these things are in the
running, I might just do some cleanup and fix some of the performance
problems. (Like Hypermail choking on attachements and stuff.) So it's still
useable for the bare-bones kind of server ;) If not, well, I'll take some
more time and not worry too much about features such as searchable indexes
and such.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>