[Mailman-Developers] Web interface for creating new mailing lists

Hrvoje Niksic hniksic@iskon.hr
14 Jun 2000 21:21:05 +0200

As far as I can see, it seems that there is no interface for creating
on-site mailing lists?  Is that omission intentional, or is it the
case that noone has gotten around to doing it?

What I have in mind is a user/maintainer-friendly web interface that
allows you to open new mailing lists, delete the existing ones, stuff
like that.  It would store its state information somewhere in the
mailman directories, and write out sendmail-(or whatever)-style
aliases to a system file instructed to be read by the MTA -- say
/etc/mail/mailman-aliases.

Do you think such a thing would be worthwhile to add to Mailman if it
does not already exist?  I need to write something like that here at
work, and I wonder if it's possible to leverage the existing Mailman
architectures for things like state files, locks, etc.