[Mailman-Developers] Web interface for creating new mailing lists

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 17:22:42 -0700

On Wed, 14 Jun 2000 15:31:10 -0400 (EDT)
Matt Davis <bigdog@dogpound.vnet.net> wrote:

> The newlist program could be hacked up to pipe thoes sendmail
> aliases to a mailman writeable alias file like you mentioned
> above..  But the problem I ran into was getting sendmail to reread
> thoes aliases.  As far as I could see, only root could run
> 'newaliases'.

Much as I think the best route is to take sendmail out back and
shoot it like the mangy rabid cur it is, a simple cronjob that
watched the timestamp of the alias file and ran newaliases as
appropriate would do the job.

--
J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw@kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder@kanga.nu