[Mailman-Developers] Locking (oh no!)

Dan Mick Dan Mick <Dan.Mick@West.Sun.COM>
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 20:05:34 -0700 (PDT)

So, with the latest CVS (really, I swear this time), it seems
trivial for me to create a locking deadlock.  This has happened
four times in the last five minutes.

Scenario:

1) go to admin/ link
2) while admin page is downloading, go to admindb/ link (on same
page)

The admin process dies, but still holds the lock; the admindb process
spins waiting for the lock.

Granted, it's easier for me than some to get to admindb while admin
is still downloading, but...

Is something about the browser/webserver combination killing admin
in such a way so that its lock cleanup stuff isn't working?
Who's supposed to clean up the lock if the process dies an early
death for some reason?  (Or is this where the lock has to be
broken?)