[Mailman-Developers] admindb.py bug and patch again...

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@python.org
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 09:25:01 -0400 (EDT)

    RJ> I sent this in earlier today, from my main account, but never
    RJ> saw it on the list... Nor, interestingly, is the list willing
    RJ> to send me my password (although it claims to); at least I
    RJ> haven't gotten it after waiting a while.  I'm getting other
    RJ> people's messages from the list, so I'm sending this again
    RJ> from an alternate account, as a test to see if python.org is
    RJ> unhappy with my main one..

What appears to have happened is that some upstream newsfeed was
re-injecting comp.lang.python, which the Mailman gateway dutifully
forwarded to python-list.  This ended up swamping the python.org mail
system pretty badly; as of just now 09:24 EDT 27-Jun-2000, there are
still 50k+ messages in Postfix's outgoing queue.

Things are starting to clear up though.
-Barry