[Mailman-Developers] Mailman password and administrative reminders

David Birnbaum davidb@chelsea.net
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 09:26:05 -0500 (EST)

Perhaps I'm missing something at the fundamental architecture level, but
wouldn't it make more sense to just cycle through each list and send the
reminder using the list owner? It's probably nice to only get one password
reminder email, but how big and inconvenience would that be, anyway?

This way, each user gets one email per list, and if it bounces, you know
what list to take it off of. That won't disable the address server wide,
but sooner or later some bounces will happen on the other lists and take
care of it. This way you don't have to do the user database thing.

I have nothing more than anecdotal evidence (ie, my ISP), but how often is
one address on multiple lists at a given site?

We've had to turn off password notification, because now all the people on
this list who got password notifications are now replying to mailman-owner
with list related requests. Sigh....

David.

-----

** WARNING **  This message was composed by a temporarily crippled programmer
using a speech recognition system.  Please don't be alarmed if some extremely
strange word usage shows up in the message.  Many thanks....