[Mailman-Developers] Failed authentication

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 08:54:07 -0800

On Sun, 12 Mar 2000 15:24:06 +0100 (MET)
Gergely Madarasz <gorgo@caesar.elte.hu> wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Mar 2000, J C Lawrence wrote:
>>  Background data as this is also going to the Debian Mailman
>> package maintainer:
>>
>> Mailman's web interface suddenly stopped working for me.  The
>> forms would display but I am unable authenticate not matter what
>> browser (Netscape 4.05 and 4.7, Lynx, W3M or Mozilla M14) I use.

> Hmm... unable to authenticate ? That means you get to the password
> screen each time you try to submit a form ? This usually happens
> if you don't access your admin interface on the Base url set for
> your list...

Nope, that's not the problem (and I'm accessing on the Base Url to
boot).  The problem is that the Mailman CGIs are not getting the
form submission data from Apache.  Apache appears to be supplying it
(ScriptLog says it is), but by the time the Python code runs its no
longer there.

--
J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw@kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder@kanga.nu