[Mailman-Developers] Sender: header in 2.0beta1

Gergely Madarasz gorgo@caesar.elte.hu
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 20:29:40 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 22 Mar 2000 bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us wrote:

>     GM> I didn't try but I'm pretty sure that it is not. Exim can
>     GM> check usernames, etc, only if invoked directly, not thru port
>     GM> 25.
>
> Gotcha.  I agree with Nigel that SMTPDirect is the better way to go
> (no chance of funky shell tricks leaking through either).  That should
> be the default with 2.0beta1.

Actually I think that a wrong sender header is more acceptable than
the increased possibility of mails getting lost... ;)
The first problem can be easily noticed and fixed, while the second is not
that easy to discover...

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@caesar.elte.hu         gorgo@linux.rulez.org
                    HuLUG: http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/